Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

spruce up those gift cards!

As our families get older their need for material items seems to disappear. Gone are the days of box after box of toys and clothing that overflowed the living room when the kids were little. The new trend in gift giving seems to be gift cards and I think they are so ugly and impersonal!
This year I have gone out of my way to find new fun and gorgeous ways to give gift cards to your loved ones.  Here a couple of photos of what I am giving this year!


This little pouch is made from a paper lunch bag and holds all kinds of goodies!


Inside I made a handmade card with vintage images I printed. I made a bookmark and
postcards also from images I printed right from home. 
Ashely and I made salt dough ornaments that we then inked with Tim Holtz distress inks and covered in fine glitter. Here is the link to the tutorial we used to make them.


This one opens up to hold goodies inside. This card is for an uncle and making things for men is difficult for my frilly girly style so I went on the hunt for vintage man type photos. I searched under vintage car ads and vintage toy ads. This is what I came up with.



 The post cards are all Vintage toy ads from the years when he was a child (i think he will get a kick out of that) the pop out box is large enough to hold a gift card and the postcards! 
I am making a video today (hopefully posted tonight) on making this box. I will be using the Nutcracker Suite paper from G45 for an Aunt that loves that musical. 

Stay Tuned!
Hugs

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by!