Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2019

Embossing Geometric Backgrounds



Todays post is a tutorial / farewell to one of my favorite companies. I started with them the very first month and wish I could continue for years to come however I have had to make some financial changes due to illness in my home and cancel a few of my recurring monthly charges. I will miss my Hedgehog Hollow Card Kits and return as soon as possible.

on to the tutorial!


I started with a piece of MFTs Ripe Raspberry card stock trimmed down to 4 1\4" by 5 1\2"
then I used my stitched rectangle die, placed it on my stamp platform and stamped the geometric heart with my Nuvo embossing pad. I shifted the paper not the stamp along the top row using the ruler on the stamp platform as a guide then heat embossed with with white embossing powder. I repositioned the stamp and repeated the process on the bottom then took one of the arrow stamps and placed them evenly down the middle.


I grabbed a love die from my stash and cut it out of white 110 lb card stock, then on MFTs Black licorice card stock using white embossing powder I heat embossed the definition of love stamp included in this months stamp set on the black card stock. I also white heat embossed one more geometric heart on the pink card stock and fussy cut it out.


Once I had all my pieces together I attached the pink embossed panel to an A2 sized Black Licorice card base. I popped up the black panel in the middle then arranged the heart and love sentiment above the definition. Last I added some simply white crystal drops and white blizzard glitter drops to finish my card.  


For card number two I wanted to try a tone on tone background. Using Simon Says Stamps School house red card stock and my stamp platform I stamped the geometric diamonds with Festive berries oxide ink.

I did this the same way as card number one, moving the card across the platform rather than the stamp. 

Once I finished the inside rows I flipped the card upside down to finish the edges.


For this card I wanted to use the black licorice card stock and continue with tone on tone but, black embossing powder on black card stock? I had a little tray of silver stars sitting on my desk and decided to try silver on black. I heat embossed Recollections silver embossing powder using the geometric lion stamp and the "you are roarsome" sentiment. 


I also cut congrats using a die from MFT out of the same black card stock.


For a finishing touch I added the silver stars around the card to tie it all together.


I was really loving the silver powder on dark card stock so I made my last card the same way I did the first one. I used MFTs midnight card stock and the SSS schoolhouse red card base. I cut Dad using a die we received in a previous HHH kit, geometric owl and Thank you for your wise word from this months stamp set out of schoolhouse red card stock. I popped them up on the midnight embossed panel and then finished it off with some Pretty Pink Posh clear gems.


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope to be able to join Hedgehog Hollow again very soon!









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by!